Thursday, October 16, 2008

Requests and Updates for 10/16/08

Requests
==
+ That I would rely on God, not myself, thus, not stressing myself out
+ Faith and trust that LA is the place for my future
+ I finish that paper

Updates
==
It's been a hard few weeks. Tons of work and stress. Even though I went on a brief vacation, I came back to a ton of stress.

LA was fantastic. You can see a few pics here: http://www.ninjavspenguin.com/blog/2008/10/11/la-day-1/

I can definitely see myself out there. And in many ways, I'm actually looking forward to moving out there. I don't know if it's just because I have some great friends in LA or that it's just different than the NYC metro area, but I'm okay with it.

I also have my first late assignment for school. I had a paper due on Tuesday and it's still in draft stages. It's only worth 10% of the grade, so I'm not terribly worried. But what I realized, was I was obsessing over getting it perfect or at least an A. It's been a long while since I've done anything like that. But as a result, I got really stressed out to the point of near panic and just froze. I had the time to do it, but I just kept distracting myself so I wouldn't have to think about it.

As I look forward to the future, there's still a lot of uncertainty. Even the 2011 plan M and I had is most likely out the window. I'm not really looking forward to a 2013 plan, so it may end up being a 2009 plan? I don't know, we haven't really talked about it yet.

I went to the first Metro small group on Wednesday and it was an interesting experience. I feel awkward in these groups sometimes because I don't want to take over. I also don't want to end up just teaching either. But it was only the first week, so we'll see where that takes me.

Work is time consuming. I'm responsible for uploading the weekly podcasts, responding to some communications cards, doing the presentation on Sundays, working on the new website, working on the branding, and sometimes breaking down the gear on Sundays after service. It's a lot to do amidst all the other school work.

Even though I've slipped a little bit, I know that God will help bring me back. And things will work out.

No comments: