Sunday, March 30, 2008

Divine Appointments

This weekend, I participated in 30 Hour Famine. Afterwards I came home, chillin, relaxing before I started editing. Out of the blue, Hilary IMs me, panicked about being wait-listed for her #1 choice. I don't know why, but I felt compelled to meet with her, so we met up at Starbucks at Barnes and Nobles.

She shared about college and the decision that she needed to make. I don't know where it came from, but I just started talking about God and eventually shared my testimony about how I'm messed up.

As we sat over cups of hot coco, I answered her questions about life, God, and such. The answers were right there and they all seemed to click.

We were talking about moral choices when I made gun fingers at some guy. I hadn't realized it, but we were literally sitting next to the Christian books section. Right after I made the motion, the guy turns around, "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but overhear your conversation." And he put 2 books on our table. Hilary and I looked at each other, amazed.

Later, after I had prayed for her, a woman came up to us and said, "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but overhear you praying. I think it's wonderful. God bless." Again, we were amazed.

This came after we talked about divine appointments and how everything led up to that singular point. The choices these people had made, the choices that we had made, led the four of us to that Barnes and Noble this night.

Hilary needed something to show her that God was real. Nothing quite like a divine appointment to show his power and his grace.

Thank you, Jesus. :)

No comments: