Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Requests and Updates for 11/19/08

Requests
==
+ Reconciliation with ex
+ Internship at 2100 Productions
+ Spend a semester at a film school

Updates
==
On Monday, I got a Facebook message from my ex. We had dated for 6 months back in high school. Like most relationships, it started out well, but it wasn't too long that things got terrible. But as miserable a time that was, it was an integral part of the development of who I am emotionally, spiritually, and personally.

Since then, I've moved on and had forgiven J for the things she said and did. As we got to talking, my heart broke all over again for her. This time out of love. She's suffered through so much.

In the end, it was nice reconnecting. Will it develop into a friendship? I hope so. Jesus doesn't just call us to forgive, but he calls us to reconcile. But that doesn't necessarily mean that we need to be friends.

Speaking of ex-girlfriends, I went to CCCNJ this past Sunday for my friend's baptism. Every time I go back, there's a little bittersweetness. There's the longing for the people there and the dreams I had for ministry. But there's also the hurt from the leadership. The main thing is it no longer feels like home. Even though I've only been to Metro for about 3 months now, it's starting to feel like home.

The future has opened up as a result of going to Metro. Before, I always had to take into consideration drama before making decisions. As long as drama was around, I would be around. This meant I wouldn't plan any long term engagements. But now, I can consider doing things like going to Wisconsin for a 3-7 month internship. I can move out to LA. Or go and do anything.

I'm hoping to have a phone interview with Glenn soon to talk about the internship at 2100 Productions. I'm really excited to be a part of Intervarsity. All the people I've interacted with have been so generous because they're genuinely nice and helpful. Beyond the technical, I want to grow personally too.

If things work out, I may go out to LA sooner, rather than later. Last week, I talked to the registrar about the possibility of taking my electives at another school. I would try and take some film classes at either NYU, USC, or UCLA. The registrar said they wouldn't have a problem with it, but they had to run it by NY accreditation.

Since the seminary doesn't offer film classes, it wouldn't be a easy to find equivalents for the classes I'd be taking. I don't even know if the schools would let me take a semester there without actually enrolling.

If the vision that God's given me is true, then He'll make it happen.

There's a lot of hope in this uncertainty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wey Zins,

I'm glad you were able to be a caring ear to listen to J and her problems. I have to admit that my heart sank at the mention of her name. I recalled vividly at how hurt you were back then (and got all flooded with emotion).

I hope you two can become friends, too. It sounds like she could use a good friend about now.

I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Hugs,
teh Aming