Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kenya 2010

Last summer, I went to Wisconsin to work with InterVarsity’s 2100 Productions. During my 3 month internship, I produced 2 videos (http://www.vimeo.com/8324397) for the Urbana 09 Missions Conference which were viewed by over 18,000 people. I also met my fellow intern, Ken.

This summer, I will spend 3 months with Ken and Filamu Juani (http://filamujuani.org/) in Nairobi, Kenya. I will be working with high school and college aged kids out of the garbage slum of Kibera; teaching screenwriting, video production, and video editing.

Kibera is the largest slum in Nairobi and the second largest slum in all of Africa. It has a population of 600,000-1.2 million occupying an area about the size of Central Park.

One of the visions is to develop “Slum TV”. Projectors and screens would be set up in different parts of Kibera showing programming produced by and for the community. It’s a way to build community within the slums by gathering people together.

My role is to empower and equip these students with skills, experience, and guidance. My purpose is to use this opportunity to build relationships with the students to share the Gospel with my life, words, and deeds.

Key Info
Dates: May 13 – Aug 30
Cost: $3,300

Checks to:
Filamujuani
1325 Glacier Hill Dr, Unit 4
Madison, WI 53704

** Memo: Wey Wang

Pray for:
  • Power and boldness in the Spirit to advance the Kingdom of God
  • Protection from the Enemy (physical, spiritual, emotional attacks)
  • Compassion and Love
  • Wisdom and discernment
  • Fresh inpartation of the Spirit

Thank you for your support!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wey,

Have a nice trip!
I'll pray for you day and night. May God protect you, send angles surround around you and provide whatever you need.
I'm so proud of you: your passion, your commitments, your serving heart. I love you. --Mom