Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kenya: Day 3

What happened:
- went to Prestige Plaza; class doesn't start until Thursday
- helped Ken set up Wordpress
- went home for lunch
- went to Tom's place with Ken and Gwatila; talked about her music video; did some recording
- went to Kibera; taught loglines
- it started to rain, a lot
- went home

I thought I was supposed to teach a group of post-high school kids this morning, but it turned out that the class wasn't approved yet. The thing they were waiting on were how many students were interested in the class. Originally, 20 kids signed up, which is great! But by no means do I have the capacity nor the equipment to support that many kids. If everything goes well, I'll be starting this other class on Thursday.

I may also have a chance to climb Mount Kenya and shoot something for them. I still need to meet with the people who are organizing it, but that should be pretty fun.

No comments: