Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kenya: Day 4

Day 4
----
Pray for:
- Wisdom in how to do Bible study
- Confidence for shooting the Mt Kenya trip

What happened:
- breakfast: kenyan sausage and host
- spent the morning journaling, and just spending time w/ God
- lunch at home: kenyan sausage, fresh cut home made french fries, and cabbage
- went to Pristige Plaza to pray and enjoy some MTV music videos
- went to Kibera with Ken; had the class split into two groups, they shared their loglines with each other, deciding on 1 that they would shoot; taught about character and character development; homework: what does the character want? what is the character's wound, character bio
- talked to Ken about the second class and the issue of equipment
- went home

It turns out that my morning class is going to be morning morning. We're going to run class from 7-10. And I am NOT a morning person. I have the rest of the week to adjust my schedule again so I can wake at 6 and get to Kibera by 7.

We also started talking about the issue of doing Bible Study with the kids. Both groups have some Muslims in them. I've been considering doing Life Exegesis with them, but we'll see how it goes.

No comments: