Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kenya: Day 10

Pray for:
- kids have motivation and focus
- against the enemy's tactics of discouragement and distractions

What happened:
- went to Kibera; Kigan and I miscommunicated and he went to wait for me at Kibera Academy; reviewed their loglines; taught about character development; homework: write biography for main character
- some local people heard about what I was doing and came to interview me
- did my devos
- went home for lunch
- went to Pristige Plaza, met with Gwatila and Ken to talk about Zuki. Started getting the overall arc down.
- went to Kibera Academy. Looked at the students' book to see how they were progressing. A lot of them didn't do the homework right. Or others had missed class. So class turned into a makeup session. Ended class early.
- went home

It was pretty discouraging today to see a good portion of the kids not doing their work. This is not to say that all of them are guilty, there were those who did try, and those need to be rewarded.

I just need to remind myself that I can only teach the material, they have to learn on their own.

No comments: